Primary wire is one of the most commonly used wire types in automotive and other general electrical applications. 8 gauge wire is designed with a single conductor and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) insulation and features a smooth surface. This design provides added strength and is highly resistant to grease, oil, and acids, while making it easy to use and ideal for pulling through conduit. 8 gauge wire can be used on original equipment and projects but is also a great option for any replacement needs. Primary wire from Del City is available in a variety of spool sizes, gauge options, and colors to meet the needs of your specific electrical project or application.
- Single conductor copper stranded with a polyvinyl chloride insulation.
- Spool sizes available: 100, 500, & 1000 feet.
- Colors available: red, white, dark green, black, & orange.
- Rated for 60 volts.
- Insulation operates optimally between -40°C to 80°C (-40°F to 176°F).
- Meets or exceeds SAE specification J1128, Ford M1L56A, & Chrysler MS3450